Job Description: Production and Sales Assistant (Full Time)
The Job Posting:
Mojo’s Sauce in Ithaca NY is looking for Full Time Production and Sales Assistant to join our dynamic team! This is a great opportunity for a skilled, experienced person with cooking skills and training to become part of a local community business that is modern, progressive, and always evolving!
At Mojo’s we are committed to work with and become a vibrant part of the Ithaca food community, farms, and flavors of the Finger Lakes Region. Our goal is to encourage the use of local and artisan products and to engage in, and encourage the growth of, sustainable business practices. We commit to prioritizing the use of locally and regionally produced products, food waste reduction and composting, water and natural resource conservation, and recycling.
Mojo’s promises its customers personalized service and we make the commitment to our employees to provide a healthy work environment, a variety of benefits, and an opportunity to grow with us.
Our flexible scheduling, competitive wages, and growth opportunities will make this an opportunity you can build your future on! Contact us today!
- Preparation and Cooking
- Assist with Receiving/Stocking/ Rotation/ Inventory
- Filling out daily prep and production lists
- Assist in New Recipe development
- Following Established Recipes and Standards
- Recycling and Composting
- Participate in Special Events & Farmers Market as needed
- Help to uphold all state and federal safety and sanitation codes
Qualifications and Performance Standards:
- Proven experience in a professional kitchen (2 yr. Minimum)
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of culinary trends, sanitation and safety best practices, and the use of general kitchen equipment
- Good understanding of applicable computer programs (MS Office, Social Media Platforms, etc.)
- Experience with sustainable practices including recycling and energy management
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training
- AOS Degree in Culinary science or related certificate (encouraged but not mandatory)