1# Smoked Pork Cheeks*
1-28oz can Organic Diced Tomatoes
6oz Organic Tomato Paste
4-15.5 oz cans Assorted Beans**
1-7oz can Green Chilis- Chopped
1 Bottle of Beer or 12oz Stock
1 large Yellow Onion- Chopped
2-3 cloves Garlic – minced
4T. Chili Powder
1T. Cumin Seed- toasted and ground
1/2T. Coriander Seed – toasted and ground
1 Dried Ancho Chili
1 Dried Chipotle Pepper
3-4 Dried Cayenne Peppers***
1T. Salt (add more to taste)
2T. Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1T. Mojo’s Smokin’ Hot Heirloom Sauce
1T. Mojo’s 3C’s Hot Sauce
Cilantro, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream to garnish if desired
I like to make this in the crock-pot because it’s the easiest!
- Sauté your chopped onion until slightly brown, add garlic until you smell it cooking!
- Rinse all your beans in cold water and add them to the pot
- Put all the other ingredients in your crockpot and stir a little- make sure that the cheeks are completely under the surface. Cook on High for 2 hours and then on Low for an additional 4 hours.
- Shred the cheeks (this should happen easily- if not just cook it longer) and remove any large pieces of dried pepper (or pepper stems if you forgot!)
- Adjust the salt to your taste
- Serve with toppings of additional Mojo’s Hot Sauce, Chopped fresh Cilantro, Shredded Cheese, and Sour Cream
*you can get these at The Piggery! If you can’t find Smoked Pork Cheeks, you can substitute Ham Hocks
**I like to use a variety of Beans: Light and Dark Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, and Black Beans
*** You can also add other dried peppers such as Shishito, Cherry, etc. just make sure to remove the stems!