April 7th is National Burrito Day!
Celebrate with Mojo's Sauce and this delicious recipe that the whole family will love!
2 burrito wraps
1 cup seasoned yellow rice
⅔ cup beans (cook these before adding to burrito)
½ # of meat, tofu, roasted veggies, or any other addition
¼-½ cup of shredded cheese (mix of cheddar and jack works well)
¼ cup pickled jalapenos
¼ cup diced fresh tomato
¼ cup thin sliced fresh red onions
2 tbsp of any Mojo Sauce, (we suggest Smokin Hot Heirloom, Going Green for traditional flavors, or experiment with all of the Mojo Sauces)
¼ cup sour cream
For “Covered and Smothered”
Add ½ cup of shredded cheese
¼ cup of burrito sauce (1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp Mojo’s Smokin Hot Heirloom or Going Green)
- The best part of a burrito recipe is that all of the ingredients are optional. There is no wrong way to prepare a burrito, only ways to make it better fit your palette.
- Have all of your ingredients prepared and ready for assembly.
- It is best to warm or steam your burrito wrap before you assemble and wrap. This can be done in the microwave by covering the wraps in a clean, damp towel and heating for 10-15 seconds. Be careful, the towel or the wrap could be very hot in places.
- Lay out the wrap on a clean surface and add ingredients to the bottom ⅓ of the wrap in a horizontal line. First take the sides of the wrap and fold them over the ingredients, now pinch the bottom of the fold below the ingredients and fold the bottom of the wrap over, rolling the burrito up until the ingredients are just covered. Pinch the sides above the ingredients and fold the top of the wrap down to seal.
5. To crisp up the wrap, warm a frying pan with just a light amount of oil and crisp starting with the fold over on the burrito first.
6. For Smothered and Covered burritos, preheat the oven to 400. Spread the Mojo’s burrito sauce over the top of the burrito and cover with cheese. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until melted and lightly browned.