2 Whole Wheat Tortilla Shells
3 eggs- scrambled
¼ can of Beans- (we like rinsed black beans but you can use any kind you like)
1 med.-large leftover Baked or roasted Potato (chopped), or about ½ c. leftover Rice
3 strips cooked Bacon or small Turkey breakfast sausages- sliced
2oz Grated Cheese- or use a little more if it looks good to you!
½ Avocado- sliced or chopped
8-12 pickled Jalapeno Slices – or to your personal taste
Mojo’s Hot Sauce- we like to use Smokin’ Hot Heirloom or Going Green the most often
Arugula – a handful for each burrito
Salsa- tastes great but messy for a breakfast on-the-go
- Warm Tortillas in a slightly damp clean kitchen towel in microwave for about 30 seconds until they are warm (or you can do this in a clean pan with rubbed with olive oil on stovetop).
- Set them on your plates and start filling with the cold ingredients (arugula, avocado, etc) while you heat up the potatoes or rice in a pan along with the meat. Add in the Eggs and cook until done.
- Place ½ the hot mixture on top of the arugula inside the tortilla shell (this will be plenty of heat to wilt your greens)
- Top with any other topping such as cheese or sour cream and roll.
- Add back to the pan, seam side down and sear for 1-2minutes. Flip in pan until all sides are browned. (Not only does this crispy tortilla taste delicious but it helps to heat the rest of the ingredients. For a quicker option you can also stick the rolled burrito back in the microwave for 1 minute.)
- ENJOY!! Happy Burrito Day!
Do you have a Burrito that you like to make with Mojo's Sauce?
Share it with us in the comments below!!